The steps are very simple:
- Take a small piece of banana peel and rub it on the affected area for a few minutes until the inside of the peel turns brown.
- As it dries, your skin will absorb the vitamins and nutrients in the peel. I leave it on for about 30 mins. and then wash it off with warm water. At night, I just leave it on overnight, then wash off in the morning.
- Do this 3 times a day, and in a few days, you’ll notice results!
So Why Does This Work?Banana peels are chock-full of antioxidants, including lutein, which may help protect the skin against sun damage. They also contain esterified fatty acids, which have actually been isolated and incorporated into a patented lotion (Exorex lotion) used to treat eczema and psoriasis!
Some extra notes and other uses for banana peels:
- Banana peels can also be used to treat warts as well! Just tape a piece of the peel to cover the wart, leave on overnight, and remove in the morning. Continue with nightly treatments until wart is gone.
- To stop the itch from bug bites and poison ivy, rub banana peels on the affected area – no more itching!
- Banana peels may also help with hemorrhoids because of the sugar content, which helps them shrink.
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by rubbing banana peels on your skin, which helps to tighten and tone the skin.
- Psoriasis sufferers may also find relief by rubbing banana peels on the affected areas, and may see results within a few days or weeks.
- Banana peels contain lots of potassium, and the antioxidant, lutein.
- Use ripe banana peels, to ensure the best results! And make sure they’re fresh; you don’t want to use an old peel that’s been lying on the counter for a few hours.